Today I will show you how to make Baby Back Ribs on the Gourmet Guru Grill and then finish the ribs with Tennessee Whiskey Swineapple BBQ Sauce. If you are not familiar with the Gourmet Guru Grill it is a Kamado style grill that is excellent for grilling, smoking and even baking.
• 3 racks Baby Back Ribs
• BBQ Rub. I used Tennessee Whiskey Cinnamon Chipotle and Tennessee Whiskey BBQ Rub
• Tennessee Whiskey Swineapple BBQ Sauce
Some of the flavors for the Swineapple BBQ Sauce: Tomato Concentrate, Vinegar, Molasses, Brown Sugar, Honey, Salt, Spices, Onions, Garlic, Pineapple, Worcestershire, Soy Sauce, Apple Juice and Jack Daniel’s Black Label Whiskey.
Some of the flavors for the BBQ Rub: Salt, Sugar, Spices, Paprika, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder and Jack Daniel’s Black Label Whiskey.
Some of the flavors for the Cinnamon Chipotle Rub: Sugar, brown sugar, kosher salt, spices, cinnamon, Chipotle pepper, black pepper, onion, garlic, vinegar powder, Jack Daniel’s Black Label Whiskey.
1. Remove the membranes from the ribs
2. Season the ribs with the BBQ rub
3. Heat the grill to 240-250 degrees F and cook using the indirect method. When using a kamado grill, you will need to use the plate setter. For a kettle grill, set up for 2 zone cooking.
4. Add your favorite smoking wood. I used Maple Wood Chunks.
5. Cook the ribs for 2.5 hours, then remove from the grill.
6. Wrap the ribs tightly in foil. Before closing the foil add 2-3 ounces of apple juice in each package of foil wrapped ribs.
7. Return the ribs to the grill and cook for 1 hour
8. Remove the ribs from the grill and remove the foil.
9. Place the ribs back on the grill and apply the BBQ sauce.
10. Cook for 30 minutes, apply BBQ sauce and then cook for 30 more minutes.
11. Total cook time is 4.5 hours.
Gourmet Guru Grill provided courtesy of Gourmet Guru Grills. Any opinions about the grill are my own.
Gourmet Guru Grill
Tennessee Whiskey Swineapple BBQ Sauce & Rubs
Armadillo Pepper Hot Sauce, BBQ Sauce, Jerky & Snack Store
Connect with Armadillo Pepper on Google+, Facebook & Pinterest
Please watch: “Smoked Christmas Ham with Cherry Glaze on Pit Barrel Cooker”